Skip to main content

Praying




Why is it that we would rather grumble, wish and nag than pray?
Why is it so easy to manipulate circumstances, make suggestions, and criticize?
Why is it that a complaint comes running off our tongue and shooting out of our mouths literally days before we begin to pray, IF we even begin to pray at all?
Over the past several years God has patiently been discipling me in this Art:

Close thy mouth and start thou praying!

Now, mind you, I am a slow learner! And oh what a patient disciplier I have in the Lord Jesus.

I have found a wonderful ministry that monthly sends me a newsletter with pages of scriptural prayer requests that I can pray for those God has placed in my life. Click here to sign up for it yourself: Prayer Closet Ministry . The reason I love this ministry is because it is VERY biblical and all of the prayers are directly from scriptures and the verse reference is listed right along with each prayer. And you can't go wrong praying through the perfect Word of God!

This week my pastor: Jack Hughes, and his wife Lisa have been brought up before the Lord in my prayers because the title of this months newsletter was Prayed For or Preyed On? Why Should You Pray for Your Pastor? I also have prayed for our other pastors: Tim Carns, Ed Wilde & Brock Bolde. Also all our elders. Lastly, but certainly not least, my husband Tim. For every prayer that I prayed for these leaders, I felt compelled to pray for the leader in my home, my wonderful husband Tim. He is both Pastor and Elder in our home and certainly deserves the bulk of my prayers and petitions.

Here is a sampling of some of the things I am begging God for through the scriptures for the most important leader He has placed in my life:

Father, I ask that my husband Tim will daily pursue the filling of the Holy Spirit; I ask that he will walk & operate in the power of the Spirit (Acts 6:3; Eph 5:18)

Father, I plead that Tim will have a growing love & hunger to know & obey the word of God. (Psalm 1:2, 119:33,36)

Lord Jesus, I pray that Tim will be characterized by reliable & godly speech (1 Tim 3:8)

Lord, I ask that Tim will exhibit godly in every area of his life (1Tim 3:10)

Won't you join me in stilling thy tongue & entering into thy prayer closet? :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innocence, precious innocence!

Kayla pulled me aside in a whispered voice today. " Mommy, Allison said a really bad word". My heart dropped. My stomach churned. I sifted through the list of "really bad words" I knew in my mind. Was it the s one? . The d one? Please don't let it be that really bad other one! As I gained my composure I looked at her and said "Kayla, what really bad word did Allison say?" "Well she couldn't get the dustbuster to turn on, so she said 'come on you dumb buster' " I hid my smile and thanked God for the sweet innocence He has allowed my almost 12 year old to maintain even though the world is trying to bang down the door and steal it away. Thank you Lord for allowing me to savor this moment of innocence. :)

Tagged

Amy tagged me. I once had a nose piercing I can easily touch the tip of my nose with my tongue I can make a pretty good meal using leftovers or whatever I find in my cupboard and fridge, just don't ask me to make it exactly the same again. I feel very sincere and deep love for most people very quickly after I meet them. Sometimes I make people uncomfortable because I feel so deeply for them. There is nothing I would not give or do for a true need of another person. This has only happened since I have become a Christian and I know this is the love of Christ manifested in me. My favorite sound in the whole world right now is the sound of Allison and David playing and giggling and talking. It makes me want to worship God and thank Him for his grace to me which I know I do not deserve at all! I can usually smell things minutes before other people can. This heightened sense of smell has developed with each pregnancy I have had. Also, I had developed a love for spicier and spicier

Teaching your child about the S** word~ Part 1

Last year a mom approached me and asked me about how we approached the topic of sex with our girls. From that conversation we planned to have a informal moms night where I would teach how we did it in our home and provide an opportunity for moms to share what has worked for them. Last night, a mom mentioned to me that she noticed how open we are about talking to our kids about the topic of sex, love & relationships. She asked me some questions and it got me to thinking about this topic again. What we are doing in our home is STARKLY different from how I was raised and how this subject was broached by my parents as a young person. Many parents find this topic intimidating and awkward to say the least. And because it is so awkward they postpone bringing it up. Moms, I want to challenge you to rethink waiting and ask yourself if now might be the right time to begin to introduce your children to the topic of God's view on sex. I pulled up the file I had written and wanted