Skip to main content

Amazing Prayer = Progress for David




I am in tears right now. The Lord has been so faithful to me, that it takes my breath away. All I can say is that prayer to the Almighty God through a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ works! The most recent prayer that God has chosen to answer for me is this one "Lord, give me wisdom in deciding the right communication choice for David and please help him to be able to communicate" . And here is how he answered it. I have been praying frequently that God would make it clear what I needed to do for David. Sign language w/speech as an adjunct or pursuing oral/auditory communication without sign. Last week David had an audiology appt and a ENT appointment. Both professionals told me that David has a wonderful voice and he will speak! The ENT is going to surgically put in 2 tubes which will increase his hearing a wee bit. The Aud told me "this boy will talk". This last week David had 2 Speech related appointments back to back. At the first appointment I was greatly encouraged by the ST who praised Davids ability to imitate syllables. The next appointment was disappointing, and confusing, but afterwards at the market a woman approached me. She excused herself for intruding but asked me where David was getting his services. I shrugged my shoulders, because he is not really settled into one place right now. She then told me that her husband is on the board at John Tracy Clinic (which is a wonderful oral institute) and that she couldn't help but notice what a beautiful sounding voice David had. "He is going to be successful in speech" she said. Wow, that was encouraging. Who put that woman on my path that day? What are the chances that she would be there when I needed to hear those words? Yesterday he had an assessment for LAUSD with a speech therapist. She went on and on and how impressed she was at how far David had come in one year. She said things like "I work for years trying to get the voice quality he has with some of my students." "His voice doesn't even sound deaf. He sounds like one of his hearing peers." WOW, what another encouragement. And I so needed that encouragement because I often doubt what is best for him. In my quiet time (the time in the morning when I turn my heart toward God and He shows me what He is doing in my life) the Lord connected all the dots for me.


  • He was giving me the wisdom I was asking for and confirming the choice to pursue an oral approach.

  • He reminded me of all the encouragement He has given me over the past month and brought to mind all the ways He was confirming our choice

  • He reminded me that He loves me and wants my heart to be encouraged at what He is doing in our lives


  • He showed me that He is answering my pleas for David to one day hear, understand and embrace the Gospel
I praise the Lord my God. For He is faithful even when I am faithless. And I anxiously await the answering of another prayer of my heart for David: That David will be a man after God's own heart...

Comments

  1. Praise God!

    He does have a beautiful voice- maybe that was partly why it took so long to notice his hearing problems.

    He's such a remarkable person- as are you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innocence, precious innocence!

Kayla pulled me aside in a whispered voice today. " Mommy, Allison said a really bad word". My heart dropped. My stomach churned. I sifted through the list of "really bad words" I knew in my mind. Was it the s one? . The d one? Please don't let it be that really bad other one! As I gained my composure I looked at her and said "Kayla, what really bad word did Allison say?" "Well she couldn't get the dustbuster to turn on, so she said 'come on you dumb buster' " I hid my smile and thanked God for the sweet innocence He has allowed my almost 12 year old to maintain even though the world is trying to bang down the door and steal it away. Thank you Lord for allowing me to savor this moment of innocence. :)

Tagged

Amy tagged me. I once had a nose piercing I can easily touch the tip of my nose with my tongue I can make a pretty good meal using leftovers or whatever I find in my cupboard and fridge, just don't ask me to make it exactly the same again. I feel very sincere and deep love for most people very quickly after I meet them. Sometimes I make people uncomfortable because I feel so deeply for them. There is nothing I would not give or do for a true need of another person. This has only happened since I have become a Christian and I know this is the love of Christ manifested in me. My favorite sound in the whole world right now is the sound of Allison and David playing and giggling and talking. It makes me want to worship God and thank Him for his grace to me which I know I do not deserve at all! I can usually smell things minutes before other people can. This heightened sense of smell has developed with each pregnancy I have had. Also, I had developed a love for spicier and spicier

Turn Turn Turn

Sometimes the World gets it right. "To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn) There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn) And a time to every purpose, under Heaven" Proverbs chapter 1 has something to say about turning. Let me set the scene for you.   You are a child, you are wandering the noisy streets of the bustling city. You pass by marketplaces where vendors are peddling their goods.  "Buy this!  Buy that!"  "If you have this you will be happy!"   There is a loud din, it's the voice of the world and it is speaking.  Its message is loud and pervasive throughout the streets.  Temptation is lurking. Ambushes await and it is Oh So Loud.  Around every corner, there are people trying to gain your attention.  "Come with us....together we can commit this crime...." "We'll be rich.  You'll be famous..come...." But wait. There is a voice that rises above the humming din of sin. It is the voice of wisdom. Wisdom is crying out. She &q