Skip to main content

That's Entertainment!

Dear Sir and Madam,

We were invited by a friend to a Jr. High Drama Play last night at LA Lutheran. We had our whole family in attendance. We have children from the ages of 3 all the way up to 11.

I must tell you we were deeply grieved and disgusted with the material presented in your play. We wrote down some of the many things that we found disturbing for you:

"My teacher is a moron. If you didn't hear me I'll say it louder--MY TEACHER IS A MORON! I think I might kill him and bury his body with this cork in his mouth"

"That boy that you like? He's over there kissing your older sister."

"I saw that cute boy first!"

While enacting a witch’s ceremonial religious ritual with candles lit and red lights shown:

Thrice the brinded cat hath mewed.

Thrice and once the hedge-pig whined.

Harpier cries "'Tis time, 'tis time."

Round about the cauldron go;
In the poisoned entrails throw.
Toad, that under cold stone
Days and nights has thirty-one
Sweltered venom sleeping got,
Boil thou first i' the charmed pot.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the cauldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt and toe of frog,
Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg and owlet's wing,
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble

Scale of dragon, tooth of wolf,
Witches' mummy, maw and gulf
Of the ravined salt-sea shark,
Root of hemlock digged in' the dark,
Liver of blaspheming Jew,
Gall of goat, and slips of yew
Silvered in the moon's eclipse,
Nose of Turk and Tartar's lips,
Finger of birth-strangled babe
Ditch-delivered by a drab,
Make the gruel thick and slab:
Add thereto a tiger's chaudron,
For the ingredients of our cauldron.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Cool it with a baboon's blood,
Then the charm is firm and good."

Also we had the pleasure of exposing our whole family to other lines such as:

"Josh, you're an idiot. I failed the class because of you. We were supposed to be studying and you were kissing your teddy bear."

"I'd kill you if I could get away with it."

"why'd you do that? (kick me). You deserved it."

"Why do I have to go to this stupid class?"

“Oh my God”

We found the play to have NO redeeming qualities what-so-ever. Everything had to do with fighting amongst the characters, expressing some sort of hatred toward someone else, or fighting over a member of the opposite sex.

Is this the image LA Lutheran High is promoting? It would be disturbing enough for us to experience this at a secular high school. But Lutheran High promotes itself as a school which “Shares Christ, Discipline and Christian Beliefs”. Yet when we look at the scriptures this is what we see:

Ephesians 4:29

Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.

James 3:9-10 "With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be."

Romans 12:2

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

Ephesians 5:3-4

But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints; and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.

We are deeply grieved to find a school which wears the name of our Lord Jesus Christ so prominently and yet at the same time encourages romantic relationships amongst young children in a day of immorality and sexual promiscuity.

A school which prays to the Lord Jesus Christ before the drama performance, and yet takes killing, murder of teachers and students in school in a joking and light hearted manner is a society which faces the reality of these events all to often.

A school who laces it’s website with scripture and yet re-enacts satanic and offensive conjuring of spells and witchcraft for entertainment.

Over and over, God denounces those who "conjure spells" and those who practice witchcraft and sorcery. The Bible says that anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord (Deuteronomy 18:10-12; 2 Kings 21:6; Micah 5:12; Isaiah 47:12; Ezekiel 13:18, 20; Acts 8:11-24; Leviticus 20:27; Exodus 7:11; Revelation 9:21; 22:15).

God warns of the ultimate punishment. Revelation 21:8 says of "…those who practice magic arts …their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur… the second death" (NIV). Those who practice witchcraft (sorcery) will not inherit the kingdom of God (Galatians 5:20-21). These practices are anti-God and are in rebellion against Him.

We urge you:

Joshua 24:15

"If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

Sincerely,

Tim Petta-Former graduate of LA Lutheran High

Wendy Petta

Kayla Petta -11

Madelyn Petta- 9

Allison Petta- 5

David Petta- 3

Comments

  1. I love your blog Wendy. You stick it to the man!


    ~Amy's old roomie, Jessica~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innocence, precious innocence!

Kayla pulled me aside in a whispered voice today. " Mommy, Allison said a really bad word". My heart dropped. My stomach churned. I sifted through the list of "really bad words" I knew in my mind. Was it the s one? . The d one? Please don't let it be that really bad other one! As I gained my composure I looked at her and said "Kayla, what really bad word did Allison say?" "Well she couldn't get the dustbuster to turn on, so she said 'come on you dumb buster' " I hid my smile and thanked God for the sweet innocence He has allowed my almost 12 year old to maintain even though the world is trying to bang down the door and steal it away. Thank you Lord for allowing me to savor this moment of innocence. :)

Teaching your child about the S** word~ Part 1

Last year a mom approached me and asked me about how we approached the topic of sex with our girls. From that conversation we planned to have a informal moms night where I would teach how we did it in our home and provide an opportunity for moms to share what has worked for them. Last night, a mom mentioned to me that she noticed how open we are about talking to our kids about the topic of sex, love & relationships. She asked me some questions and it got me to thinking about this topic again. What we are doing in our home is STARKLY different from how I was raised and how this subject was broached by my parents as a young person. Many parents find this topic intimidating and awkward to say the least. And because it is so awkward they postpone bringing it up. Moms, I want to challenge you to rethink waiting and ask yourself if now might be the right time to begin to introduce your children to the topic of God's view on sex. I pulled up the file I had written and wanted

Tagged

Amy tagged me. I once had a nose piercing I can easily touch the tip of my nose with my tongue I can make a pretty good meal using leftovers or whatever I find in my cupboard and fridge, just don't ask me to make it exactly the same again. I feel very sincere and deep love for most people very quickly after I meet them. Sometimes I make people uncomfortable because I feel so deeply for them. There is nothing I would not give or do for a true need of another person. This has only happened since I have become a Christian and I know this is the love of Christ manifested in me. My favorite sound in the whole world right now is the sound of Allison and David playing and giggling and talking. It makes me want to worship God and thank Him for his grace to me which I know I do not deserve at all! I can usually smell things minutes before other people can. This heightened sense of smell has developed with each pregnancy I have had. Also, I had developed a love for spicier and spicier