Skip to main content

Get Rid of Rough Heels: Thrifty Mom Style

I have been thinking a lot about rough heels lately. You may be thinking that that is a pretty strange thing to be thinking about, and you'd probably be right, but let me tell you my rough heels story. I used to have the roughest heels in town. My heels were peeling, cracked and painful all the time but especially in summer. They got so bad in the summer time that the cracks would go down deep into my raw flesh and they would burn. I could hardly walk because it was so painful. I would have to crazy glue them closed and wear socks and tennis shoes in the summer. BLEH!
Then one day I discovered this product: Artemis Woman Heel Smoother . For about 35.00 I was the proud owner of a tool that really helped my poor heels. I had to buy replacement head and it ran on batteries so it was pretty costly for a budgeting Mama like me. But it worked. I had no more cracks. My heels didn't get caught on nylons and silky things. They were....... normal again. But, after I was using it for a while I thought to myself, hey I could do this with products from the hardware store for a fraction of the cost. Wanna know how? Read on:

Supplies:
Your Husbands Drill (or if you are super cool, your OWN drill)
Cheap Sanding Heads from the local dollar store ( I paid 1.99)


How it's Done Pay close attention here, this is difficult:

  1. Insert sanding head into drill
  2. Apply to dry cracked heels
  3. Watch dry skin flakes fly into the air
  4. Smile and be happy, you are on your way to Happy Heels
  5. Apply lotion
  6. Repeat process weekly until your cracked heels are a thing of the past.

BEFORE: This is just a "today" before.

DURING



After about 3 minutes of sanding

This post is dedicated to my rough heeled friend: ML : ) BTW, ML, I would be happy to do it for you. Stop on by for free heel therapy and a pedicure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innocence, precious innocence!

Kayla pulled me aside in a whispered voice today. " Mommy, Allison said a really bad word". My heart dropped. My stomach churned. I sifted through the list of "really bad words" I knew in my mind. Was it the s one? . The d one? Please don't let it be that really bad other one! As I gained my composure I looked at her and said "Kayla, what really bad word did Allison say?" "Well she couldn't get the dustbuster to turn on, so she said 'come on you dumb buster' " I hid my smile and thanked God for the sweet innocence He has allowed my almost 12 year old to maintain even though the world is trying to bang down the door and steal it away. Thank you Lord for allowing me to savor this moment of innocence. :)

Tagged

Amy tagged me. I once had a nose piercing I can easily touch the tip of my nose with my tongue I can make a pretty good meal using leftovers or whatever I find in my cupboard and fridge, just don't ask me to make it exactly the same again. I feel very sincere and deep love for most people very quickly after I meet them. Sometimes I make people uncomfortable because I feel so deeply for them. There is nothing I would not give or do for a true need of another person. This has only happened since I have become a Christian and I know this is the love of Christ manifested in me. My favorite sound in the whole world right now is the sound of Allison and David playing and giggling and talking. It makes me want to worship God and thank Him for his grace to me which I know I do not deserve at all! I can usually smell things minutes before other people can. This heightened sense of smell has developed with each pregnancy I have had. Also, I had developed a love for spicier and spicier

Turn Turn Turn

Sometimes the World gets it right. "To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn) There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn) And a time to every purpose, under Heaven" Proverbs chapter 1 has something to say about turning. Let me set the scene for you.   You are a child, you are wandering the noisy streets of the bustling city. You pass by marketplaces where vendors are peddling their goods.  "Buy this!  Buy that!"  "If you have this you will be happy!"   There is a loud din, it's the voice of the world and it is speaking.  Its message is loud and pervasive throughout the streets.  Temptation is lurking. Ambushes await and it is Oh So Loud.  Around every corner, there are people trying to gain your attention.  "Come with us....together we can commit this crime...." "We'll be rich.  You'll be famous..come...." But wait. There is a voice that rises above the humming din of sin. It is the voice of wisdom. Wisdom is crying out. She &q