Skip to main content

Homemade LAundry Soap Tutorial

Recipe:
3 Pints Water
1/3 bar (1/2 C) grated Laundry Soap Bar
1/2 C Washing Soda
1/2 C Borax
Hot Water to 2 gallons

Supplies Needed:
Pot
Spoon for Stirring
2 Gallon Bucket
Empty Laundry Soap Containers
Funnel


Directions:
Mix Grated Soap in a pot with 3 Pints of water. Heat on low until the soap is dissolved. Turn heat off and add the Washing Soda and Borax. Stir to mix well. Pour into 2 gallon bucket and add water to fill. Mix well and let the mixture sit for 24 hours. It will be gloppy and will thicken. Use 1/2 c of soap per load.








Fels Naptha is difficult to find in a store. I had to order mine online. Other suitable Laundry Bar Soap can be found at the 99 cent Store or at Vallarta.






Ideally a food processor that is designated just for soap making would be best, I grated my soap by hand, YIKES!


Dissolve the Grated Bar soap over low heat



Washing Soda is not to be mistaken for Baking Soda. Two different things. You can purchase it online of buy it under the name of Soda Ash at a Pool supply store.



Turn off heat and add Borax and Washing Soda


The finished product


If you don't have a 2 gallon bucket, you can add water and mark the line on a utility bucket.


























































Comments

  1. Hi Wendy,

    I am going to try the Homemade Laundry Soap. I wanted to tell you that I found the Zote soap at Food 4 Less for $0.88 but my mom sends me the Fels-Naptha from back east very common there (I remember my grandma using it & we always had a bar by the laundry tub to scrub stains). The Super Washing soda I found for $3.79 at Ace Hardware in Studio City on Ventura Blvd. (just past Coldwater Canyon). I also found a 5 gallon bucket $5.39 & a lid for $2.79. The rest of the ingredients I already have so I'm set.

    Thanks,

    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

“Almost perfect… but not quite.”

“Almost perfect… but not quite.” Those were the words of Mary Hume At her seventh birthday party, Looking ‘round the ribboned room. “This tablecloth is pink not white— Almost perfect…but not quite.” “Almost perfect…but not quite.” Those were the words of grown-up Mary Talking about her handsome beau, The one she wasn’t gonna marry. “Squeezes me a bit too tight— Almost perfect…but not quite.” “Almost perfect…but not quite.” Those were the words of ol’ Miss Hume. Teaching in the seventh grade, Grading papers in the gloom Late at night up in her room. “They never cross their t’s just right— Almost perfect…but not quite.” Ninety-eight the day she died Complainin’ bout the spotless floor. People shook their heads and sighed, “Guess that she’ll like heaven more.” Up went her soul on feathered wings, Out the door, up out of sight. Another voice from heaven came— “Almost

Tagged

Amy tagged me. I once had a nose piercing I can easily touch the tip of my nose with my tongue I can make a pretty good meal using leftovers or whatever I find in my cupboard and fridge, just don't ask me to make it exactly the same again. I feel very sincere and deep love for most people very quickly after I meet them. Sometimes I make people uncomfortable because I feel so deeply for them. There is nothing I would not give or do for a true need of another person. This has only happened since I have become a Christian and I know this is the love of Christ manifested in me. My favorite sound in the whole world right now is the sound of Allison and David playing and giggling and talking. It makes me want to worship God and thank Him for his grace to me which I know I do not deserve at all! I can usually smell things minutes before other people can. This heightened sense of smell has developed with each pregnancy I have had. Also, I had developed a love for spicier and spicier

Turn Turn Turn

Sometimes the World gets it right. "To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn) There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn) And a time to every purpose, under Heaven" Proverbs chapter 1 has something to say about turning. Let me set the scene for you.   You are a child, you are wandering the noisy streets of the bustling city. You pass by marketplaces where vendors are peddling their goods.  "Buy this!  Buy that!"  "If you have this you will be happy!"   There is a loud din, it's the voice of the world and it is speaking.  Its message is loud and pervasive throughout the streets.  Temptation is lurking. Ambushes await and it is Oh So Loud.  Around every corner, there are people trying to gain your attention.  "Come with us....together we can commit this crime...." "We'll be rich.  You'll be famous..come...." But wait. There is a voice that rises above the humming din of sin. It is the voice of wisdom. Wisdom is crying out. She &q